Different from other private beaches around the lake, Lakeside Beach allows access to the public year-round.
Help us Keep Tahoe Blue by packing back out what you pack in, and by cleaning up after yourself.
Lakeside Park Association maintains the grounds year round for everyone to enjoy.
Winter Beach Access
Labor Day-Memorial Day
While Lakeside Beach doesn’t restrict daytime access during winter, we ask visitors to the beach to respect it and keep it clean for everyone to enjoy!
The beach gate is unlocked for the public’s enjoyment from 9am – 5pm seven days a week.
Lakeside Beach is under 24/7 video & sound surveillance and is patrolled nightly by South Shore Security.
THERE IS NO OVERNIGHT CAMPING ON LAKESHORE BLVD. PER CITY OF SOUTH LAKE TAHOE ORDINANCE
Rules and Regulations
For your safety and enjoyment, we ask that you do not partake/bring in any of the following items into Lakeside Beach. When gate attendants are present, bags and coolers will be checked upon entry to the beach.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Amplified Music
- Fires, including BBQ pits & gas grills
- Glass Containers of any kind
- Loitering between 10pm-9am
- Smoking & vaping of any kind
- Tents, overnight camping, or overnight sleeping
ALL AMENITIES ARE SEASONAL
- NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY
- Volleyball Net on the beach with a volleyball available on a first-come basis just ask the front gate attendant.
- Beach umbrellas and chairs are available to rent through Lakeside Beach Club on weather permitting days from 10 am-6 pm.
- Beach Chairs
- Sun Lounges
- Event space is available for rent through Lakeside Park Association from November through April. Contact us about events here. Events wanting to be held May through October should contact Lake Tahoe Beach Weddings. Lakeside Park Association members do have priority when reserving event area on the beach.
- Jet Skis, Paddle Boats and Kayak rentals available on the beach during marina hours weather permitting.
- Children’s play set available year-round when weather permits. ADULT SUPERVISION IS REQUIRED.
- Picnic tables, benches, and space on the beach are first come first serve.
- Men and Women bathrooms on the beach ADA accessible.
- Sit down restaurant with great beach views and a beachside access window selling snacks, ice cream and non-alcoholic beverages available when open.
- Water fountains and water bottle refill stations using Lakeside Park Mutual Water. Help us Keep Tahoe Blue by reducing, reusing, and recycling plastics.
- South Shore Water Taxi from Lakeside Marina. Check the schedule here or call 530-541-9800 for more information.